Well, during the weekend some Debian machines were unreachable as MJ Ray wrote on debian-devel:
gluck, merkel, samosa and raff uncontactable (192.25.206.* network problem?)
I don’t know anything more at this time, but wanted to push a small
message out so that others know it isn’t just them and lists and IRC
are both still up, as far as I can see so far.
Except the topic on #debian-devel channel there was no other official notice, afaik.
I think handling of such issues can be improved. Although nobody apparently seemed to know what happened or when the problem will be solved, it would have been nice to publish information that actually were available:
- What happened?
- When did it happen?
- What services are affected?
- What is done to solve the problem?
- When will the problem be solved most likely (ETA)?
- Is there an alternative for the services affected by the problem?
- Where can I inform myself about any progress?