You are here

Spamassassins spamds memory usage

Da ich ja durchaus schon früher über meine tollen Erlebnisse mit Alice-DSL berichtet habe, möchte ich das nun fortführen. Der Grund für das neuerliche Alice-DSL ist übrigens die Zweitwohnung in Berlin aufgrund des neuen Jobs in Berlin.

Naja, wie auch immer. Nach der Online-Bestellung gestern, bekam ich nun heute eine Email von Alice, daß noch die Daten des Vormieters fehlen würde, also Name und Telefonnummer und daß ich die fehlenden Daten im Kundenbereich im Web nachtragen könnte:

Das lustige dabei ist, daß oben steht, Name und Telefonnummer solle man nur eintragen, wenn man sie sicher kennt. Ansonsten solle nichts eintragen. Da ich weder Namen noch Telefonnummer vom Vormieter kenne, hab ich also brav nichts eingetragen und auf Weiter geklickt. Daraufhin kam dann der Hinweis hinzu, daß Name und Telefonnummer Pflichtfelder seien, also ausgefüllt werden müssen.

Testet Alice ihr Webinterface auch irgendwie mal?



You might want to try SpamAssassin 3.2 from debian-volatile, it has a new feature to compile the rules, which should help reduce memory usage. I also use a similar message size condition, and it works fine (I add a header to check it).

But over here, it's clamd who's eating all my RAM....

I've been pretty happy with SpamAssassin 3.2.x memory consumption. It has never been a real problem. Compiling rules bring 30% improvement in processing time but did not seem to influence memory consumption.

And yes, we have having problems with ClamAV consuming memory, much more that with SpamAssassin.

That spamd is using a lot of memory, even if scanned mails are small is an observation which I also made. Apart from this it does not seem to be very fast and accurate. So I use bogofilter before spamassassin and only scan mails with spamc if they don't classify as spam. That works really great, mainly regarding memory consumption. It also has a high rate of positive positives because bogofilter is very accurate after a few learning rounds and spamassassin is able to sort out what always happens to come through.

I find spamassassin not too bad on memory. I run it with --max-conn-per-child=100 and just a couple of non-default rulesets.

clamd is the memory hog for me - I'm not alone I see. It seems not to free up memory after a database reload. See this bug for info:


Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer