Congrats and thanks to all people involved into releasing Lenny! Keep on the good work!
Now everyone can concentrate on the next release of Debian called Squeeze. My wishlist for the new, upcoming release:
- no political, show-stopping discussions or GRs anymore.
- more members in core teams such as ftpmaster, DAM, debian-admin, ... - don't wait until someone will eventually join, but look actively for new members and train them, so that the workload for everyone involved will be less at the end.
- please forget your personal dislike when working with other people. You don't need to be friends, but you should be able to work together like professionals and concentrate on the topics.
- please introduce sub-releases for desktop, multimedia, kernel stuff while having a base of core packages for a longer term for servers. Release desktop related stuff more often than the base core packages.
- acknowledge the work of contributors and find a way to let them some part of Debian without following the long and often unnecessary, unwanted and boring path of NM.
- and finally: have fun! :-)
So, now it's up to upgrade my machines to Lenny in the next days... I hope everything will be as smooth as everyone is expecting it. :-)